Aloha! Or in luau speak, Hele Mei Hoohiwahiwa -- Aloha Party People!
Are you ready to hula? It's time to put on the grass skirt, strap on the coconut bra, and get your "umbrella drink on" -- it's luau season!
Below you'll find a list to help you making sure you have all of the "must-haves" for your next luau party. Have fun!
LUAU PARTY MUST-HAVES
- Leis: Fake is fun, or splurge on the real things
- Pineapples & coconuts: double as food and decor!
- Macadamia nuts: Eat 'em or bake into cookies
- Tiki torches: best after sundown
- Grass skirts: for guests or tables - or both!
- Hawaii-Five-O - The Ventures
- The Hukilau Song - Don Ho
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Facing Future
- Can't Help Falling In Love With You - Elvis Presley
- Surfin' Luau - Annette Funicello
- Blue Hawaii - Elvis Presley
- Aloha Hula - Hits Unlimited
- To You, Sweetheart, Aloha - The Waikikis
- Beach in Hawaii - Ziggy Marley
HOW TO TALK LIKE A LOCAL
HOAPILI: Close friend
LAMA PA'IPA'I: Cocktail
MAI E `AI: Come and eat
AND SOME OF THESE PHRASES MAY COME IN HANDY:
- HELE MEI HOOHIWAHIWA: Come celebrate.
- `O WAI KOU INOA?: What is your name?
- ALOHA AU IA 'OE: I Love You.
- A HUI HOU KAKOU: Until We Meet Again.
- POMAIKA`I: Good Luck.
- MAHALO: Thank You.
To make your luau party one that has 'em doing the hula, make sure you reserve The Ultimate Hawaiian Getaway Without a 12-Hour Flight - with a tiki bar, shave ice and/or smoothie catering. Contact us today!